6/14/10

the last piece of licorice...


There are familiar moments in our lives that catch us unaware

as if we had never been
where we always are.


This is the last piece of Licorice I will have before--


we graduate!


before the baby comes....


before she starts kindergarten next week...


to celebrate him tying his shoes...


because she can now ride a bike without training wheels!


before we move in 23 days...


before he leaves on his mission in 12 days...


before....
...I've felt this way--before....


Tonight, I looked at the licorice in my hand,
We don't have licorice often...it's not even something I would think to buy,

I felt a tug.

a smile.

and a tiny tear...

(well, maybe not so tiny...)


this would be my last piece of licorice


....before
their wedding...

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Another day started with tears! Wowsers! Next week! Can't wait to come see you!

e.brooke said...

If you guys are already bawling then what chance do the rest of us have? Poor, poor, outlaws... they sure better know how to doggy paddle...and I really hope the Temple has flood insurance! ;)

Our Family said...

SOOOO EXCITING!